by Bhaktivinoda Thakura
1) Gopinatha, mama nivedana suno
visayi durjana, sada Kama-rata
Kichu nahi mora guna
2) Gopinatha, amara bharasa tumi
tomara carane, loinu sarana,
tomara Kinkora ami
3) Gopinatha, Kemone sodhibe more
na jani bhakati, Karme jada-mati
4) Gopinatha, sakali tomara maya
nahi mama bala, jnana sunirmala
swadhina nahe e Kaya
5) Gopinatha, niyata carane sthana
mage e pamara, Kandiya Kandiya,
Korohe Karuna dana
6) Gopinatha, tumi to sakali paro
durjane tarite, tomara sakati,
Ke ache papira aro
7) Gopinatha, tumi Krpa-parabara
jivera Karane, asiya prapance,
lila Koile subistara
8) Gopinatha, ami ki dose dosi
asura sakala, pailo carana,
vinoda Thakilo bosi
1) O Gopinatha, Lord of the Gopis, please hear my request!
I am a fallen soul, always addicted to worldly desires,
and no good qualities do I possess.
2) O Gopinatha, You are my only hope
and therefore I have taken shelter at your lotus feet.
I am now your eternal servant.
3) O Gopinatha, how will you purify me?
I do not know what devotion is,
and my materialistic mind is absorbed in fruitive work.
I have fallen into this dark and perilous worldly existence.
4) O Gopinatha, everything here is your illusory energy.
I have no strength or clear and flawless knowledge,
and this body of mine is not free from the control of material nature.
5) O Gopinatha, an eternal place at Your divine feet
is what I beg for, weeping and weeping,
please give me the gift of Your mercy.
6) O Gopinatha, You are able to do anything,
and therefore You have the power to deliver all sinners,
and who is more of a sinner than myself?
7) O Gopinatha, You are the ocean of mercy.
Having come into this phenomenal world for the sake of the fallen souls,
You expand Your divine pastimes.
8) O Gopinatha, what sin has made me so sinful
that although all the demons attained your lotus feet,
Bhaktivinoda has remained here in worldly existence.